Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Noooo!!!! Not my hair!!!

I knew it was coming. I hoped it would not be today, but it is. My hair is falling out in big handfuls. I woke up and took out my ponytail and a huge chunk of hair came with it. I smoothed out my hair and it was just coming out 10, 20, 30 strands at a time, over and over. Mike told me to brush it out and try to get what I could before I showered. My brush was full of hairs and it just made me sad. The shower was awful, I had to be so slow and gentle washing my hair and rinsing it out because it continued to keep coming out in massive amounts and then it started attacking me! I was covered in strands! Auggh!!!!



I can't do that again tomorrow, so tonight Mike is going to shave my head. I was thinking about going to see my stylist Bernice while Lilly was at school today, but I have too much to do this morning. I have to eat breakfast still, take my cocktail of anti-nausea meds, pick up Lilly at school and then get my Neulasta injection at noon. Plus I have to pick up some medical forms at Lilly's doctor and make my flu/pneumonia vaccination appointments.

I tried to explain what's going to happen today to Lilly. It's hard because hair loss is so drastic and I don't want to freak her out. I basically tell her that I am getting a very special medicine for my boo-boo and it makes my hair fall out. It will grow back, but I'm going to wear hats and my wig until it does. I think she gets it but she's going to be confused for a while. At least she can watch Mike shave if off and hopefully that will help. I'll post some pictures tonight after we do it.

No comments: