Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's all about the Beau

My best "guy friend" is the most awesome Beau Grabner, a.k.a. El Tiegro or Beau Diamond. We have been friends since I was oh- 16 and he was 18. We met through a co-worker of mine - at the movie theater that Jon Heaton inadvertently got me fired from (thanks Jon)! Anyway, over the past 15 years we have had some really fun times. Although we were never really in the same town at the same time, it's one of those friendships that feels like whenever we talk no time has passed.

Beau took me to Disneyland and to the Tonight's Show with Jay Leno when I was in college and was at my wedding in Las Vegas. We were both born on the 5th (he in January, and me in April) so I ALWAYS remember his birthday, although I can hardly remember my own daughters!

Today- 2 things "Beau" popped up. (besides IM-ing on Facebook!)

1. I realized that the day of MY LAST CHEMO TREATMENT is January 5- which is also Beau's birthday.

2. I have developed "Beau's Lines" on my fingernails. They are white lines that are a side effect from the chemo. I have them on every fingernail and it's so creepy.



So- here's to Beau!!!

No comments: