Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hair update - 5 months post chemo

My last chemo treatment was Jan 5, 2009. It's been almost 5 months and things are definitely getting better. My hair started growing back before my last chemo and it kinda grew/fell out for a few weeks and finally started actually "growing" in February. So here I am, 5 months later, trying to figure out what in the world to do with my hair. I hate short hair. I hate it even more when it's short not by choice. Well, it could be worse- I guess.

I got my first "haircut" in April- for my 31st birthday. It was merely an even-it-out, 5 minute trim. I wasn't even charged for it.

The time had come for another haircut. Although there's not much to cut, I hated the bushy, un-even, pseudo-mullet that was beginning to take form. The one thing I am learning about super short hair is that you have to maintain it like crazy.

Here I am before my 2nd haircut, May 27:



Post cut: Pomade-city. Slicked, super texture-y haircut and style. It was promptly washed out 2 times. I'm just not a fan of the "wet look".



Post hair- washing. No crazy pomade, just a funky headband.

No comments: