Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Survivor Day!

August 18th is like a 2nd birthday to me. But instead of presents and birthday cake, I get something better. I get life. On August 18th, 2008 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. On August 18th, 2009 I was almost finished my 15 months of chemotherapy treatment. On August 18th, 2010 I am cured. Granted, I lost a few body parts along the way...but I have learned that you don't really need boobs, nipples, ovaries or fallopian tubes.

So to celebrate being a 2 year breast cancer survivor, we're hosting a Boob-B-Que.

And along with the celebration, we are also raising money for the American Cancer Society. This year we are donating all funds in honor of Mary Ellen Mergenthaler. Mary Ellen was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and passed away just two months later. Mary Ellen and her family were huge supporters of me during my treatment. You might recall the memory quilts I made a few months back- they were for her family.

You can access my ACS Fundraiser page HERE. All donations are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again to my family, friends, doctors and supporters. It's been a long journey and I'm happy to still be here. :)

1 comment:

the PaperCraftLady on Etsy said...

I think all of your items look very well made and, if I or someone I knew had a little baby, I'd would definitely want one of your travel bags with the plastic loop.

My favorite however, since I do have a 3 year old granddaughter, is the little kids apron (Cherry Limeade). Olivia has a large supply of dolls (her babies) and she never goes anywhere without one! That being said, I think her babies should have one of your doll aprons to share!!