Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pay it Forward- for our Mail Carriers

My friend Caitlin (from Caitlin Domanico Photography and Baby in the Kitchen) had a great idea today. Treat Your Mail Carrier to Hot Chocolate. She thought about this on a whim and made a Facebook Event to see how many people would do it and where they are from. I LOVED the idea and quickly grabbed a few bucks, and wrote a little note on an envelope. I put on my sweatshirt, down coat, boots, gloves and hat. As I walked in the Winter Wonderland developing in my front yard to our mailbox, I thought about our USPS Mail Carriers who spend their days in rain, snow and heat delivering our letters, magazines and packages. I had a smile on my face as I put my envelope in our mailbox, knowing that this tiny gesture would put a smile on my Mail Carriers face, knowing that we appreciate his dedication, especially on days like today when the snow is unrelenting and piling up quickly.






So tomorrow, or whenever you have a chance. Pay it forward and join in!

No comments: