Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Knittie Titties Are Here!

I can not believe I am putting these pictures up!!!

But I am- mostly because I think there is no shame in having a double mastectomy, breast cancer or a bald head. It's all part of the package I was dealt. If I can laugh, you can laugh too.

So to share in the "lighter side" of the whole breast cancer thing, my super knitter friend Renee came across these knitted prosthetic boobs and offered to make some for me to try out. They came yesterday and I was just giddy with excitement!!!

**Here's the original POST about the knittie titties with a link for info to make your own.

Here they are- made with Psychedelic and Obama Mama yarn!


Unfortunately for you to get the whole concept, this is the best way to explain. I think it is well worth getting over my modesty to share this whole experience and hopefully inspire others. Plus it's pretty funny.


Basically the knittie titties are designed to fit in "regular" non-mastectomy bras. I asked Renee for an "A" and an "B"... Well- what you see is her version of an "A" which measures a REALLY full "B" on me! I had to get out my bras from when I was pregnant! I tried on the "Renee version of a B" and they were huge! Mike and I had a good laugh.

I (and I mean we) think they look really good! I LOOOOVE them!!! Thank you, thank you!



I also got an awesome cowl scarf from Renee which I immediately put on yesterday and I am wearing again today:

5 comments:

Caits said...

hahaha awesome!

Michael Agneta said...

nice rack

Lc said...

Hellooo Dolly!!

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

OMGosh!!! They are awesome! Although I would need one on my "real" boob...as my expander is much larger than is my natural one...heee hee I will have to send this link to my friend that has been crocheting me hats...I sit here and take a deep breath, shut my eyes and try to imagine you to give you a cyber hug...i would be very gentle as both of our incisions are still tender...know you are not alone...I know your journey as does the Lord. Blessings, Jodi

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Jodi! Under your shirt they look so real AND specatcular! (For you Seinfeld fans!) Under your shirt you must be smiling. Love 'em!