Monday, February 9, 2009

My crafty-ness has no limits...

My friend Chris and his wife recently welcomed their first baby -Julia. Chris and I were quite the troublemakers at KU, I think we heckled our lousy baseball team to no end. (That's one of my most favorite memories from college!) Anyway- Chris (I think it was more so Chris' wife) asked me to make a "hooter hiders-style" nursing cover, which I was more than happy to make up special for them. I also got a crazy SUPER CRAFTY idea. It was a little ambitious, and it took me a few days to think about...but here it is:





I used my eco-spun felt (made from recycled plastic bottles) and hand cut and embroidered a one of a kind University of Kansas "beak 'em hawks" inspired design. Crafty...right...

I LOVE this little tee. I was actually kinda sad to see it go, but Mike pointed out that it wasn't going to fit me.

Here's what the actual logo looks like:

2 comments:

Caits said...

You are awesome:)

Anonymous said...

Are you able to make another one of these felt beak em hawks and sell it to me? angelaterryb@gmail.com