Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby Bootie Bonanza



Once upon a time, in a studio not so far away, (and before I lost feeling in my fingertips from chemo) there were adorable baby booties being made every day. You may recall seeing these super cute mary jane/kimono-style baby booties in the past, but I discontinued making them as part of our everyday product line this year. I started suffering from peripheral neuropathy, which is a chemotherapy side effect that causes numbness in your hands and feet. I was fine sewing most things, but the baby booties are so tedious to make, that I just couldn't make them any more. Now- I'm about 8 months post chemo and I still have some days where I seem to have "butterfingers", but most of the feeling has returned to my fingers.

I was recently asked to make up a set of 6 pair of girly baby booties as a custom order. My client gave me free reign over the fabric patterns and overall design. The picture doesn't do justice to the final product, but I wanted to share these ridiculously adorable booties with everyone.

These are size 1-2 which fits babies ages 0-6 months. They have a crossover kimono style design with an added mary jane style strap which comes across the top and adheres on the side with a small velcro circle. The strap is made with either 5/8" ribbon with button accents or double wide bias trim with machine embroidery details (and some buttons here and there). They are made with 100% premium cotton print fabric and most have an 8oz. organic fleece lining, but I did make a few with a fine wale corduroy lining.

Want to place an order? These are available by custom request. So please contact me via e-mail: kc@diaperbagwrangler.com

p.s. from time to time I may have some holiday themed booties available, so check the shop.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Caits said...

Oh these are ridiculous!!! LOVE THEM! Ava rocked her Eagles booties just yesterday!