Tuesday, September 4, 2012

6 Silhouette Cameo Projects


Oh how I LOVE my Silhouette Cameo. I have only had it for 3 months, and my list of projects TO DO is a mile long. Here's just a few things of the things I have made so far....

1.Banner - My friend Karen had twins just 3 weeks ago, so I decorated her front garden with a "Welcome Home Thomas & Sienna" sign. I used a cardstock called  "Creamy" by DCWV.  The paper has a slight slick sheen/coating to it so it was the perfect paper to endure the outdoors for a few days. The Silhouette file I used was called banner kit - item # 28108. I downloaded it as a free weekly shape, but it can be purchased for $.99. I layered the coated cardstock over a solid white cardstock. I used twine to thread through each letter and hang the banner with.






2. Un-Paper Towel Vinyl. I created this with the Silhouette Studio software and used the black premium Silhouette vinyl. The font is called Tangerine, I downloaded it for free from ScrapVillage.com. We have a reusable paper towel dispenser but no one quite knows what it is if they are not familiar with our kitchen. The dispenser is from  Etsy Shop madeintheredbarn. This is easily one of my favorite items - ever.





3. I ❤ Randyland onesie. This I made for my friend Jenn who's expecting a baby girl any day now. It is inspired by the Randyland episode of Hoarders. I'll let you in on a secret. I have a small group of friends and we all log on Facebook and watch Hoarders together. It's our guilty pleasure and weekly motivation to clean.  Didn't see the Randyland Episode??? Check it out here. I had the pleasure of visiting Randyland this summer while I was in Wildwood, NJ. It was an experience. The onesie is hand-dyed purple, and I used Silhouette Studio to create the I ❤ Randyland design with a stock font I have on my computer. I used white flocked heat transfer from Silhouette and applied that to a piece of knit jersey, then appliqued and it to the onesie. 



4. Rock Me Tee. What happens when you have tickets to see Old Crow Medicine Show, but have nothing appropriate to wear? You make your own Wagon Wheel tee. Please tell me you know of OCMS??? No? Check this out:


I used a plain grey tee that I had hanging in my closet, created my own wagon wheel design (or I guess I could have bought this one from Silhouette). To make the text curved I followed a tutorial on using "text to path". After it was all done, I used black flocked heat transfer material and ironed it on.




5. Owl "screenprint" dress. Every first grader needs something super unique for the first day of school. I made this tee + fabric dress for Lilly, and then she informed me that she wanted "something with an owl" to wear for the first day of school. (At the eleventh hour) I purchased an owl shape from the Silhouette store and made a vinyl cut out shape to use as my template.


Once I had the vinyl placed on the dress where I wanted it, I put a layer of cardboard in between the front and back of the dress so I wouldn't get any bleed through and used a small amount of brown Jacquard Textile paint and applied it with a sponge. It took about 2 coats of paint to get a good coverage. Once the paint was dry I peeled off the vinyl and gave it a quick heat set with my iron.




6. Hot air balloon centerpieces.  These I made for my friend Karen's baby shower (yep same Karen from the banner sign above). It was actually my first "big" project using my Silhouette Cameo. I was inspired by this picture from the Jessicakes Blog:

image from jessicakesblog

I used two shapes from the Silhouette Shape Store, the Girly Hot Air Balloon, and the 5 Clouds:


Since Karen was having boy/girl twins, and the baby shower colors were blue and pink, I picked a plain pink and blue cardstock for the balloons. I made the balloons double sided (used some spray adhesive to layer everything together) and I found a cute white textured cardstock to use for the clouds.  I used a brown cardstock and a modified version of the balloon basket, and used a tiny hole punch in the corners. I tied 2 ply twine through the holes to make the basket hang down. Our local florist sold me the card stakes for $.25 each and I found pink and white begonias at a garden center. The plant pots are from Ikea and I used 3/8" grosgrain ribbon threaded through the "lace" top.



So there you have it...just a few of my Silhouette Cameo projects.



No comments: