Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Strip

So I have this bizarre STRIP of hair that must not have gotten the memo.



A mini-mohawk??? I don't know what's going on.

It's a big mess right now. It's kinda bald (to the skin) in most places but there's still some little patches too. I'm not quite sure what to do about it! It just keeps coming out in my sleep caps and in the shower. Lilly actually touched my head yesterday and said it "tickled", and then today at Target she was announcing "Mommy's hair falls out". It's so cute.



It's been an interesting few days with my baldie look. I stick out, and I know it, but I totally don't care. I get the stares and/or the people who look away, and those who run from me like I have the Plague. I also encounter the uber-helpful which is kinda nice. But I did have a great experience at KOP Mall- another mom randomly came up to me in a store and asked if I was going though chemo. It was like a secret posse I didn't know existed!

No comments: