Friday, November 28, 2008

Holy Croup!

You know- life in our house is never boring. Poor Lilly- she's such a trooper. I guess is was Wednesday she had a little cough so we gave her some kids mucinex and she was fine the rest of the day. Thursday she started coughing just a little bit more, same deal- mucinex and she was fine. Today- oh man, different story. She has the full on barking cough, non stop, all morning. I took her to the pediatrician who diagnosed her with croup. Basically it's a viral respiratory inflammation, so she received a prescription for a corticosteroid. Which meant I had to go to Target- on Black Friday.

Luckily Mike left work a little early today so I waited to brave the Target until he got home and I could go solo. My buddy Dave the Pharmacist was there and not surprised to see me...for the second time in 5 days. Target looked like a bomb had gone off inside, but it wasn't the crazy mayhem I was anticipating.

So Lilly got her first dose of medicine tonight and she's sleeping (for now) but we're prepared for a rough night.

2 comments:

Caits said...

Oh no, poor Lilly!!! I hope she's feeling better for tomorrow!!!!!

graymama said...

Oh No! That sucks! I hope that Lilly is feeling better, and you and Mike have gotten some rest.

Sending {{{{healing hugs}}}}