First off- the good news from my appointment with Dr. Bob (my breast surgeon).
1. No more breast MRI/CT scans, tests...nothing. The only tests I would need are oncology treatment related MRI/CT/PET Scans or Echos to check liver, heart function etc.
2. I have to get genetic testing to see if I carry the BRCA1/BRCA2 gene for breast/ovarian cancer...in the next few weeks.
3. I need to see the Radiation Oncologist, just to double check that I don't need Radiation...in the next few weeks.
4. No reconstruction surgery until my Herceptin treatment is complete... so we'll start the process around 12/09.
5. My medi-port surgery incision didn't heal as well as Dr. Bob had hoped, so when it's removed (in a year) he's going to go in through the scar tissue and use different stitches when he closes...like I really care at this point!
6. Kinda not good news- the numbness in my right arm/shoulder/armpit/chest/back is probably going to be permanent. I'm getting used to it, but it's still weird.
7. Next follow up appointment with Dr. Bob- 6 months!
8. AND he got a good laugh from seeing my knittie-titties! Good job Renee!!!
And here's why I'm crazy:
Today I was up at 5am. I made a toddler apron set, packed 2 diaper bag wrangler orders, ordered velcro (exciting, right), ate breakfast, took Lilly to school at 9am, went to the post office, met with Dr. Bob at 9:30am, stopped by Target (no roman shades in yet), went to Lowes (bought some roman shades that might work), drove to KOP Mall and went to Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Victoria's Secret (bridal shower shopping), See's Candy Holiday Cart (best candy in the WORLD), left by 11am, stopped at Sonic for a strawberry slush and mozzarella sticks AND managed to get back to Lilly's school by the 11:30am pick up. Yeah for me!